The suite for a whole computer cabinet!
Fit a computer cabinet completely out with PointCab. Nothing will stand in the way of a processing of point clouds!
With PointCab Academic, educational institutions benefit from all the powerful 2D and 3D point cloud processing capabilities that PointCab 3DPRO has to offer. The software offers quick and easy workflows for creating a 2D plan or 3D model based on point clouds.
The integrated 4CAD interface supports your BIM processes. With the PointCab plug-ins for Autodesk Revit and Graphisoft ArchiCAD, you can now create your BIM models even more easily from scan data.
PointCab Academic also allows you to register terrestrial scans and combine different point cloud data.
The use of PointCab Academic for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited.
PointCab Academic includes
- PointCab Layout & Section Tool
- PointCab Delta Tool
- PointCab Sketch Tool (incl. Virtual Panorama)
- PointCab 3D-Points Tool
- PointCab PhotoMatch Tool
- PointCab Merger Tool
- PointCab WebExport Tool
- PointCab Transformation Calculator
- PointCab Vectorizer Tool
- PointCab Volume Tool
- PointCab Mesh Tool
- PointCab Point Cloud Export Tool
- PointCab SpaceWarp Tool
- PointCab Registration
- compatible: Results can be processed further in almost any CAD system
- transformation: Determine transformation parameters easily for the axially parallel alignment of your laser scanning project
- time-saving: PointCab analyses and interprets the data faster than your laser scanner generates point clouds
- cost-saving: The easy handling as well as our free tutorials reduce training costs
- supported point cloud data formats (for import): LSD(X) (minimal PointCab format), XYZ, LAS, LAZ, E57, FWS, LSPRJ, PTG, PTX, RSP, ZFS, ZFPRJ, PTS, MPC
- supported CAD data formats (for export): DWG, DXF, DAE, X
- supported reference coordinate data formats (for PointCab Register): COR, XYZ
Supported laser scanner and point cloud data format
- FWS, FLS, LSPRJ (FARO)
- PTG, PTX (Leica)
- RCP (Autodesk)
- E57 (Trimble)
- LAS/LAZ (GeoSLAM / PIX4D / Agisoft)
- RSP (Riegl)
- ZFS (Z+F)
- MPC/MVX (Mantis)
- DP (DotProduct)
- CL3 (Topcon)
- XYZ/PTS (exchange file)
- ASC (ARCGIS)
- SPROJ (Artec)
Compatibility with CAD software
- Autodesk AUTOCAD, INVENTOR, REVIT
- Bentley MICROSTATION
- Bricsys BRICSCAD
- Dassault Systèmes DRAFTSIGHT, SOLIDWORKS
- Graphisoft ARCHICAD
- Trimble SKETCHUP
- HKK GEOGRAF
- Nemetschek ALLPLAN, VECTORWORKS
- VIS-All 3D
- SEMA Software
PointCab is compatible with almost any CAD system.
- Minimum 2 GB RAM
- 1,0 GHz Intel compatible CPU
- Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 – 64 bit
- Minimum 10 GB free disk space
The Maintenance and Support package is mandatory for the first year and already included in the indicated price.
Please note: The support contract is valid for 12 months and extended by one year if it is not canceled at least one month prior to expiration.
Scope of supply
- Online license
- Maintenance & support for the 1st year (600,00€)
User interface available in the following languages:
Note: We provide beginners the opportunity to rent our laser scanning software PointCab at a low price - a favorable alternative to purchasing. If you decide to purchase PointCab within 12 weeks after renting, 50% of the rental price would be taken into account as a prepayment.