The small 100mm diameter reference spheres help you register and align scans of small areas or combine different scanner types. By using the spheres, merging scans from terrestrial and handheld 3D scanners is achieved smoothly.
Thanks to the small case, the spheres take up little space and are easy to transport.
- Diameter: 100mm
- Spherical shape allows the highest possible scanning efficiency from various directions
- Sphere has a female M8 thread; use with other adapters is possible
- Reference sphere is a hollow made of plastic with a distinctive surface to achieve excellent reflective properties
- Includes magnet base
- Case dimensions: 390mm x 310mm x 140mm
- Case with precut foam insert for safe transport
- Suitable for short-range measurements up to 10m at ¼ resolution
- Simplification of scan registration
- Combination of scans from different scanner types
- Useful for small scanning areas
- For all indoor and outdoor applications
Fields of application
- Architecture, construction and modeling
- Energy and power supply companies
- Factory and plant construction
- Aircraft construction and shipbuilding
- Crime scene and accident analysis
- Terrestrial laser scanners
- Handheld 3D scanners
- Small range Scanners
- Any software when the diameter of the spheres used is defined.
- 5 reference spheres Ø100mm
- 5 magnetic bases
- 1 case
The reference sphere is the perfect measurement sphere for scanning under normal conditions. Only at very low or very high temperatures, there is a slight deviation in the diameter of the sphere. We recommend using and storing these spheres only in the range from 0 to +50 degree. If the spheres are used at extremely cold ambient temperatures (< -5 degree), a damage of the painted surface might arise.
Do you need an overview on Laserscanning Europe's reference spheres? Have a look at our guide to reference spheres.
Synonyms: reference ball, reference globe, target, scan sphere, reference target, control point, point of reference, reference point, reference sphere set, laser scanner target sphere set, laser scanner reference sphere set, laser scanner target sphere, laser scanner reference sphere, , target ball, ground control point, GCP, scan registration